Simple inspirations from meats to sweets
This season can still be a time to utilize your quickest and most versatile cooking device. On milder days, take your ingredients outside to enjoy the flavors only gas grills can bring. Here are some tips to make fall and winter grilling easier and safer, plus recipes to inspire your cold-weather fare.
Tips for cold weather grilling:
- If you have a safe spot, consider moving your gas grill closer to your back entry for convenience.
- When the temps are colder, give your grill extra time to heat up. If it normally takes 10 minutes in summer, plan to heat up the grill 20 minutes before cooking.
- Avoid opening the grill as often as you might in summer. This can bring the temperature of the grill interior down enough to affect cooking efficiency. A remote thermometer can be really useful to monitor your food in the comfort of your home.
- Remember to wear warm clothing when heading out to the grill. Dress in layers to make it easier for coming and going. For your safety, avoid loose clothing like scarves.
Cold weather meal ideas: click on a recipe name to link to its source
- Grilled Romaine Salad- This is as simple as placing half a head of lettuce or two directly on the grill. It's delicious with or without salad dressing.
- Black Pepper America's Cut with Molasses Sauce- Pork chops are amped up in winter with a rich sauce of molasses and butter. It's comfort food from the grill.
- Spicy Grilled Catfish- This is a great option to enjoy omega-3 fatty acids this season without trapping fish odor in your home.
- Baked apples- This warm treat combining apples, butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon is sweet and satisfying. Apples are grilled on aluminum foil, making clean up a snap.
- Grilled Gingerbread S'mores- The flavors of the season enhance the taste of traditional S'mores. Simply prepare them in a cast-iron skillet.
Gas grills are a practical and efficient way to create warm meals now and into winter. Most meals prepared on the grill provide easy clean up, too. The flavors and aromas of the barbecue in summer will be even more welcomed and comforting in the dead of winter. Now, your gas grill can give you year-round enjoyment.
We have a wide selection of gas grills to choose from, and we conveniently provide set up and delivery. Please contact us for further information.