As the outdoor landscape of a home has developed, so has the patio furniture. No longer are the same few designs only incorporated through random patterns on chair cushions. Patio furniture has become regal and elegant, as countless designs exist to complement any and all tastes.
Choosing the Right Furniture for Your Outdoor Space
You just had an incredible outdoor fireplace installed. Now you are considering how to proceed with the rest of the exterior design. Outdoor furniture is at the top of your list and you realize it can be overwhelming given all the choices out there. The pieces and styling can make or break your dream space. Lawn & Leisure carries several lines of high-end quality outdoor furniture that are guaranteed to turn any outdoor space into a veritable showplace. Let’s take a look at a few of the furniture lines offered by Lawn & Leisure:
LLOYD FLANDERS FURNITURE:
Have you considered Lloyd Flanders furniture? You may be wondering if it is right for you. So let’s see if we can’t answer that question, shall we? The process used to create this unique furniture is patented and has been since 1917. It was originally created by Marshall B. Lloyd, who opened Lloyd Manufacturing in 1906.
- The furniture is incredibly durable. Each strand of cellulose fiber is coated in glue to discourage unraveling of the strands. Aluminum wire is used for reinforcement throughout the weave. Once the weaving is completed, it is immersed in resin which creates flexibility and protection from moisture.
- The Lloyd Furniture company offers several collections with a wide array of pieces including; rockers, ottomans, lounge chairs, sectionals and love seats. You are sure to find a style that fits your tastes and preferred design.
- There are a great number of tables that are available to complement the furniture as well as a selection of cushions for personalization and color.
- The durability of the furniture ensures that it will last for many years to come and you will not be shelling out money every other season to replace your outdoor furniture.
If you are in the market for outdoor, then you simply have to check out Lloyd Flanders.
Kettler USA is the ultimate in versatility. Their outdoor selections are varied and you are sure to find something that fits your style and works fluidly with your outdoor space.
- Kettler includes uses several different materials including; resin, wrought iron, aluminum and wicker options.
- The company was founded in 1949 in Germany by Heinz Kettler. It has grown exponentially and now is sold in over 60 countries.
- Kettler USA prides itself in producing high-quality furniture and has earned a reputation as a leader in the industry.
- The furniture line includes not only table and chair sets, but chaises, benches and storage ottomans.
- The company also makes fitness and recreational products as well as a line of toys.
- They create a lot of fun outdoor recreation items like a giant chess set that gets everyone engaged and active and table tennis and foosball tables.
Kettler is sure to add style and even a little whimsy to your outdoor fireplace area.
What says relaxation more than a hammock? Hatteras Hammocks is the premier authority on hammocks.
- Hatteras Hammocks does more than just hammocks. They a full line of accessories that includes curtains, cushions, and outdoor swings.
- The company has been in business for over 40 years.
- The have a line of care products available to keep your hammock and swing in tip-top condition for many years of use.
- Customers can add-on to their hammocks with canopies and stylish pillows that can be purchased at any time. This is great when you have no desire to get rid of your hammock, but want to change up the theme or color scheme of your space.
MALLIN CASUAL FURNITURE:
Mallin Casual Furniture offers comfort and elegance in the form of outdoor furniture.
- Mallin has been a leader in style and comfort for over 50 years.
- Their pieces are constructed of aluminum, heavy-duty tubular, extruded or solid aluminum to be precise.
- They apply a hard, durable finish of polyester powder-coated protection to ensure long-lasting beauty for years to come.
- The outdoor product line includes table and chair sets, couches, barstools, rockers, club chairs, and chaises.
- Each piece can be customized with their line of fabrics and finishes and trim lines which include braidings and fringes.
- They offer a complete line of outdoor firepits in several styles.
PALM SPRINGS RATTAN:
If rattan is your thing, then Palm Springs Rattan is a must.
- Palm Springs Rattan has been in business since 1971 and was founded in Florida.
- The extensive outdoor line includes the standards like chaises and table and chair sets as well as bar seating and umbrellas.
- Their accessory line is varied and customers can find selections in lighting, cushions, wall art and towel trees.
- Customers can purchase furniture covers for added protection.
- Palm Springs Rattan also has an incomparable line of 150 fabrics which are available by the yard and allow for total customization of your pieces.
- Items have powder-coated finishes considered best for this type of outdoor application.
Many of these pieces can work in both indoor and outdoor settings, but some of our manufacturers have separate indoor and outdoor lines.
Whatever your vision is for your space, Lawn and Leisure can help you make it a reality. Time spent with family and friends is so important and is even better when spent in a beautiful and stylish setting.
If you purchase any of our featured furniture pieces or sets, get ready for the steady of stream of compliments from friends and family. If you don’t already, you will develop of real love of entertaining, if only to show off your gorgeous furniture!
Check out our site for all of our lines including indoor gas fireplaces by R.H. Peterson Co. and Hearthstone as well as our line of grills and furniture.
The outdoor furniture has incorporated itself to become one of the most important aspects of an outdoor living area. Many homeowners feel that future additions to the landscape should be focused around the furniture, instead of vice versa.
Think About the Outdoor Furniture Before Investing in Outdoor Upgrade
When you purchase a home that already has an outdoor space, you are forced to work with the area that you have for getting outdoor furniture. Although you could make some changes to accommodate your particular needs, this would make it a considerably more expensive project to undertake. It is for this reason that most homeowners just work around what they already have. However, if you do not already have an established outdoor area in your backyard and you are looking to invest in such an addition, you should think about what outdoor furniture you want to get before making concrete plans.
Make Improvements or Additions That Align with Your Wants and Needs
For the most part, the outdoor space that you create is not what makes it enjoyable. Without furnishings, an outdoor area is not very usable, which brings about how important it is to have outdoor furniture. It might seem strange, but picking the furniture that you want before you invest in an improvement or addition to your backyard is a great way to make sure your wants and needs are accommodated.
Avoid Creating an Outdoor Area with Too Much Space or Not Enough
If you know that you want to get certain furnishings, you want to avoid a situation in which you create a space that is not able to fit everything. It is easy to underestimate how much room furniture can take up, especially if you do not go through what furniture you want to get beforehand. Also, overestimating how much space you need is also a problem because it leads to unnecessary project expenses.
Make Plans with Long-Term Furniture Investments in Mind
Although you might feel hesitant to make your plans based on outdoor furniture, you should do so with the intent to use the furniture for the long term. Just because it is common for people to go through a new furniture set every couple of years, this typically comes down to poor maintenance and planning. However, by investing a decent amount of money into high-quality outdoor furniture, you can expect your furniture to last for many years, especially when you take the time to maintain it properly.
Consider Covered Areas to Combat the Elements
An aspect of your outdoor space that you want to consider is whether you want to have an area that is covered. For instance, you can avoid dealing with elements by creating a covered space, which also opens up the opportunity to choose more outdoor furniture as the risk of damage is minimized or eliminated.
Decide Whether You Want to Have a Grill
Depending on what kind of outdoor experience you want to have, a grill may be an option or a necessity. It is important to think about this beforehand, especially because you will want to have an area for eating outdoors. If you know that you have no intentions to eat outside, then you do not have to worry about buying a large dining table, which is generally a requirement for eating outside with your family.
A grill is something that you should consider because it can provide you with a unique cooking experience, which can also lead to unique tasting food that you cannot get in the kitchen. Also, if you like to have a family or friends over, or even host large parties, you will certainly like having a grill to entertain.
Creating an ideal outdoor space for your family to enjoy is not an easy task to accomplish. However, when you look at outdoor furniture before drawing up plans, you can accommodate your needs well.
Contact us if you have any questions about patio furniture or our selection.
Consider the Long-term When You Decide to Purchase Patio Furniture
Once you get a backyard that can be used as an outdoor space, getting patio furniture is the first step to turning it into a place where you can spend on a regular basis. Although it is true that this furniture will spend the majority of its time outside, this does not mean you should not take the shopping process as seriously as you would for purchasing furniture to be used indoors. For an ideal shopping experience, you should take the long-term into consideration before making any final decisions.
Think About Future Restoration
While it is ideal when your furniture is able to last for years without needing restoration, you should keep future restoration in mind as it might be necessary for some pieces of furniture to maintain their function and looks. Restoration is one way to get an even better value out of the furniture you buy.
Pick Neutral Styles and Colors
Although you might be into a certain style or want wild colors with your patio furniture, considering natural styles and colors will help you maximize the longevity of the furniture. It is helpful when you avoid a predicament in which your patio furniture no longer fits in with the rest of your home.
Prioritize Long Warranties
Reputable furniture manufacturers provide lengthy warranties, so you should be looking for at least a five-year warranty on the patio furniture you purchase. It is not hard to find longer warranties, but most importantly, you want to purchase furniture from a manufacturer that is confident in their products.
Expect a Longer Lifespan
While you should expect your furniture to last as long as the warranty does, most furniture pieces, as long as they are well-maintained, should be able to last a considerable length after the warranty ends.
If you have any questions about patio furniture, call Lawn & Leisure today at (703) 635-2124.